Carers can now complete an online feedback form which asks for their views on the health and social care sector, including community and voluntary organisations and groups.
The new feedback process set up by Shropshire Council’s carers support team will help the service see what is working well and what may need improving, so that they can share ‘best practice’ across the whole of Shropshire and send the feedback of poor experiences to the relevant service area across health and social care for them to look at how they can improve that area of their service.
How the feedback form works
- Carers/representatives leave their comments on the form, with an option for someone to call them to discuss further.
- The feedback is forwarded to the appropriate work area for response within two weeks.
- Carers/representatives are called, if contact details given, with an outcome from their feedback or update on the progress of the response from the receiving organisation.
- Contact with carer/representatives will be maintained until a final response has been received to the feedback.
- The feedback is collated into relevant groups/topics.
- A report will be taken to Shropshire Carers Partnership Board (SCPB), as a standing item on the Board agenda, of the types of feedback and any emerging patterns. The SCPB will feed the information into the Health and Wellbeing Board.
- An annual report from SCPB will be shared with Shropshire Council’s information and insights team for their annual public feedback report.
Simon Jones, Shropshire Council’s Cabinet member for adult social care and public health said:-
“We want carers to have more opportunities to get involved in shaping services and support across health, social care and community and voluntary organisations.
“The carers feedback form will give carers and their representatives a means of feeding back their experiences, good or bad, with the whole health and social care sector, including community and voluntary sector organisations and groups.
“If your or someone you know is an unpaid or family carer, then please do get involved and help us and our partners deliver services that are right for you.”
Paper copies, for people who do not have access to online forms, can be found in local libraries. Copies will also be distributed to local carer peer support groups.
Alternatively, Shropshire’s carers support team can note your feedback via phone: you will not have to give your full name/contact details unless you would like to.
Shropshire carers support team phone is: 01743 341995, Mondays-Fridays 9am to 5pm.