Shropshire Council have just announced that grants are available over the next two years to more than 300 households who don’t currently have central heating, many of whom rely on expensive and inefficient heating systems such as night storage heaters or portable electric heating. If a property needs to be connected to the gas supply to install a central heating system, this will also be covered by the scheme.
Report Key Findings
Project findings indicate that energy efficiency measures can have a positive impact on health and wellbeing.
The key findings are:
- 86% said the comfort level in their home had improved
- Over 65% reported feeling better or a lot better in winter
- More than 50% of householders reported less cold /coughs and other flu like symptoms
- More than 30% reported visiting the doctor a lot or a little less
- 25% believe they are now less likely to be admitted to hospital
- 48% reported that their energy bills had reduced.